Spend five days drilling into the Entity Framework with the leading independent authority on the topic: Julie Lerman. Come with some working knowledge of Entity Framework and leave with an expertise in Entity Framework 4.1 Code First and advanced techniques for harnessing Entity Framework for your enterprise application. The first few days of the class will focus on getting you caught up with what’s been added to Entity Framework since the .NET 4 release. The balance of the week will target advanced concepts for incorporating Entity Framework into your real-world applications.
Day 1: Introducing Code First
- Why Code First?
- How does Code First work at runtime?
- Configuring Code First with Data Annotations and with the Fluent API
- Configuring for validation, data attributes, relationships, database mappings and hierarchies
- Understand impact on database
- Understand impact on your application at runtime
- Code First database initialization
- Understand default and optional behavior and workarounds
Day 2: Introducing EF 4.1 DbContext /DbSet
- How do DbContext and DbSet compare to ObjectContext/Object Set
- Explore features of DbContext/DbSet that streamline EF coding
- Integrate DbContext with your apps
- Validation API
- Fun with MVC 3 and EF 4.1
Days 3-5: Hard Core EF 4 (and 4.1)
- Architecting maintainable and testable enterprise apps with EF4/4.1
- Repositories, unit of work, testing
- EF in distributed architectures: ASP.NET, WCF Services, WCF Data Services
- EF in the Cloud: Windows Azure and SQL Azure
- EF performance tips and tricks
- Working with large models and multiple contexts
- Explore EF core API additions and improvements introduced in the June 2011 CTP
- Enum support, spatial, TPT improvements, designer improvements and more
PrerequisitesWorking knowledge of Entity Framework 4.0
What You Will Learn
Julie Lerman is the leading independent authority on the Entity Framework and has been using and teaching the technology since its inception in 2006. Julie is the author of the highly acclaimed Programming Entity Framework (with a second edition released in August 2010). She is well known in the .NET community as a Microsoft MVP, ASPInsider, and INETA Speaker. She is a prolific blogger, a frequent presenter at technical conferences large and small around the world–including TechEd and DevConnections–and a writer for many respected technical publications, including the “Data Points” column in MSDN Magazine. Recently, Julie has also been busy creating training videos for MSDN and Pluralsight.
Location: Your City?
Registration: TBD Click here to request this course
Data Educaiton accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal, eCheck, personal & business checks and purchase orders.
Course Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Download the full course details in a convenient PDF
Using a Purchase Order or Check?
If a purchase order is required for invoice, please send us the P.O. number using our contact form. Be sure to indicate the course title and attendee name(s) in your message.
We accept personal and business checks for course registrations up to 15 business days before the start date of the desired course. If paying by check, remember that it can take up to 5 business days to arrive at our office through postal mail depending on your location. Please include a note telling us the course title and attendee name(s), and make your check payable to:
15 Lincoln Street
Wakefield, MA 01880